Getting a new fence is an exciting prospect. A fence can elevate your home, providing beauty and elegance while discouraging unwelcome visitors. However, before you dive right into constructing a fence, you need to find reliable fence contractors to assist you. They will have the necessary skills to design and build the fence for maximum longevity and beauty. Here are several questions to ask fence contractors before hiring them.
- Are you insured? The last thing you want is for your fence contractors to get injured, especially if they don’t have liability or workers’ compensation insurance. Only hire fence contractors who are fully insured, so you can avoid being liable for any accidents that may occur on your property.
- What kind of fence is best for my needs? Maybe you have a certain type of fence in mind already, but it may not be the best choice for your needs. Experienced fence contractors not only work with many types of fencing materials, but they can also recommend a fencing material that serves you best.
- Can I see your previous work? Most fence contractors will have photos of fences they have built in the past, so you should ask to see the photos before hiring. They will give you an idea of what to expect.
- Do you have references? Asking for references is important because they give you the bigger picture of what it is like to work with these fence contractors and whether customers are happy with the results.
- Do you offer free estimates? You probably don’t want to commit to fence contractors before you know whether their pricing is within your budget, so getting a free estimate is always wise.